First and foremost, your Buddy will provide peer level support and friendship. You can expect to get advice and information on student life at HSLU as well as outside of the university. You may be feeling quite overwhelmed in your first few weeks and months and your Buddy will be your lifeline and support.
Your Buddy might do some or all of the following:
- Make contact before you arrive in Switzerland
- Meet you on your first day on campus and show you around
- Introduce you to their group of fellow students and have lunch / coffee together
- Check in on you regularly and pro-actively to see how you are coping
- Point you in the direction of help that may be required