Institutional investors in Switzerland - eg pension funds - are characterized by a strong "home bias" and often neglect an international diversification of their real estate investments. In this context, an understanding of international real estate markets and targeting investment vehicles is highly relevant. Furthermore, limited market opportunities in the Swiss real estate market, declining yields and increasing vacancy rates in some markets, may in addition, favor international investments.
Consequently, this year's final presentation and discussion in the MScRE focused on this topic. A special thank you to Paul Guest for his brilliant presentation on international real estate investments and the discussion participants for the very exciting and targeting exchange:
- Dominic von Felten, Executive Director, Head Business Development Switzerland, A & CEE, UBS AG
- Paul Guest, Global Real Estate Strategist, UBS AG
- Ingo Bofinger, CEO / Head Fundmanagement, AFIAA Real Estate Investment AG
- Ulrich Braun, Product and Business Development Real Estate, Credit Suisse AG
- Prof. Dr. Michael Trübestein, Hochschule Luzern
The MScRE-program offers the highest degree in the Switzerland and is only offered at Lucerne University. Further information for this leading program can be seen here or please send an email to Prof. Dr. Michael Truebestein.