Prof. Dr. Janko Auerswald teaches materials science classes and heads the Materials Laboratory at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences. After his graduation from the Technical University of Berlin including an exchange year at BGSU, USA, he obtained his PhD from the University of Ulm at the Institute of Micro and Nano Materials headed by Leibniz Award laureate Prof. Dr. H.-J. Fecht.
At Hahn-Meitner-Institute Berlin, Max-Planck-Institute Stuttgart und CSEM Switzerland, his reserch activities focussed on high temperature superalloys, epitaxial semiconductor structures and micro- and nanotechnologies.
At TRUMPF Switzerland and V-ZUG AG he contributed in senior industrial R&D and leadership positions to the development of new products and technologies in the fields of laser material processing, surface coatings and sustainable appliances.
Janko Auerswald is author und co-author of the following publications (selection):
- 2 Materials Science Textbooks (published by Wiley)
- 21 Book Chapters in Scientific Books (Peer-Reviewed), publishers include Springer, Wiley, Elsevier, VDE, Whittles and others
- 17 Publications in Scientific Journals (Peer-Reviewed)
- 12 Publications in Industry and Research Community Journals (Invited)
- more than 40 International and National Conference Contributions
- more than 50 Publications in the CSEM Annual Scientific Reports presenting Research Results achieved in European Projects, Innosuisse Projects and other Publicly Funded Research Projects
- 9 Patent Document Families (each one including various regional and national patent documents, respectively)
Janko Auerswald is a member of the Swiss Federation of Materials Science and Technologies.