The benchmark for our educational provision is the employment market: more than 95 percent of our students enter employment right after graduation graduate. We measure the success of our continuing and executive education programmes by the satisfaction of our participants. By the same token, the quality of our research is just as important as its acceptance by the research community and its relevance to commercial enterprises, institutions and associations.
The Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts as a whole is accredited by the Swiss Accreditation Council. Because quality is a key consideration for us, the Lucerne School of Business is also a member of AACSB – the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. – an organisation that supports educational institutions around the world in steadily enhancing their business education provision.
Peer reviewers from the AACSB are coming to the Lucerne School of Business in June 2021. They will be assessing the extent to which we are following set standards to fulfil the goals formulated in our mission. We will know by February 2022 whether we rank among the top 5% of the world's business schools and are allowed to use the AACSB Accredited quality certificate.
Founded in 1916, the AACSB is the world's oldest and largest accrediting organisation. Its primary aim is the accreditation of business education programmes at tertiary-level institutions. Under the voluntary accreditation scheme, such institutions commit themselves to meeting 15 standards that guarantee the highest quality of teaching and research. Eight hundred business schools – just 5% of all business schools worldwide – in 100 countries currently bear the "Seal of Excellence in Business Education".
The following are the advantages of AACSB accreditation at a glance.
For students and participants in continuing and executive education:
- AACSB ensures that the school fulfils its promises – at the highest level of quality.
- AACSB brings the outstanding quality of Lucerne's education offering to the notice of the outside world; the accreditation is reviewed every five years and confirmed independently.
- AACSB helps boost the national and international standing of the Lucerne School of Business in the competitive landscape of tertiary education, and acts as an international seal of approval for its degrees.
- AACSB provides enhanced opportunities in the national and international employment market.
- AACSB opens doors to other outstanding, award-winning partner institutions all over the world.
For business partners:
- AACSB confirms that we actively leverage the potential of businesses in our region – to the benefit of students and the advancement of businesses.
- AACSB provides evidence of the outstanding quality of our management training by placing us in the top 5% and therefore among the world's best business schools – benchmarked against the highest international standards.
- AACSB promotes our national and international reputation in the competitive landscape of tertiary education.
- AACSB gives prominence to the particular emphasis we place on the quality of our teaching and research – and puts us high on the list of choices for highly motivated, high-performing students and staff.
- AACSB promotes the transfer of research-based knowledge to business practice and the wider research community – through our broad-based approach and high degree of content-based expertise.