- Proof of school-leaving certificate from the country of origin/ equivalent qualification to study at our university
- University experience or proof of studies completed abroad (admission is based on individual aptitude assessment)
- Proof of language skills: German level B2
- Written consent from the case management office (if available)
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Residence permit in Switzerland: B, F, S or N
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts: relevant work experience (can also be acquired after the integration pre-study)
University of Lucerne: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university
Please note: The number of participants is limited, so admission cannot be guaranteed. The final decision on admission will only be made after an admissions interview
- German language course level B2/C1
- Modules as a auditors (selection from module offerings)
- Mentoring by local students
- Position talks by the coordination office
- Participation in sports campus activities
Registration and procedure
- Fill out the application form (here) and upload the required documents - application deadline: 28 April 2024
- Review of the applications by the coordination office
- Admission interview (end of April/beginning of May 2024)
- Notification of admission by the end of June 2024
- Start of integration pre-study in September 2024
Please note: Participation in the integration pre-study programme does not automatically lead to admission to a regular degree programme. Please clarify the admission requirements at an early stage. The coordination office will be happy to assist you.
The participation fee amount to between CHF 4,000 to CHF 6,000, depending on which modules are attended. Costs for teaching materials, laptop and transportation must be expected. These are not covered by the programme. Applicants can inquire with their case management office about possible funding options through the integration lump sum.
Applicants who are not (or no longer) in the asylum welfare structures and are not entitled to integration support benefits should contact the "Campus Luzern für Geflüchtete" coordination office regarding funding options.
- Until when can I register for the integration pre-study programme?
The registration deadline is 28 April 2024.
- How do I register for the integration pre-study programme?
Fill out the application form and then upload the required documents (see Application and procedure).
- How long does the integration pre-study programme last?
The integration pre-study programme begins in September 2024 and ends in June 2025. It lasts two semesters.
- I have no relevant work experience or I am not sure whether my work experience is sufficient for admission to the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts. Can I still apply?
In certain cases, proof of relevant work experience can also be provided after the integration pre-study programme, but at the latest before admission to a regular study programme. The coordination office can support you in your search for an internship, but there is no guarantee that a suitable offer will be found.
Information for companies with internships
Does your company have internships available? Then get in touch with us. With an internship, you prepare the participants of the integration pre-study for studying at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts and are in direct contact with future specialists. You also make an important contribution to the integration of refugees.