Through its Schools – Engineering and Architecture, Business, Computer Science and Information Technology, Social Work, Art and Design, and Music – the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts provides sound subject-specific education and research in Central Switzerland. It prepares its students for a professional career in their chosen field and facilitates their acquisition of the skills needed for innovative, creative and entrepreneurial thinking and action. With its strong, practically based approach and interdisciplinary excellence, the University produces experts who are capable of mastering the challenges of the 21st century.
The high quality and scholarly depth of our teaching and research make our University an attractive choice and are enabling it to expand. The strength of our specialisations and our interdisciplinary topic clusters are recognised in Central Switzerland and beyond, both nationally and internationally. We adopt a lateral and interconnected approach to thought and action. This is reflected in the University's extensive range of practically oriented degree and continuing education programmes and in its research and development activities. We support a culture of commitment, openness and transparency amongst our staff and students, and towards our partners.
- The staff of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts are united in their passion for education, for research and for culture.
- The University expects its staff and students to demonstrate curiosity, autonomy and a willingness to develop and to perform. It strengthens their existing skills and supports reflection in thought and action.
- Personal responsibility, reliability and transparency form the basis for trust, respect and mutual regard.
- The University uses the skills sets of its specialisations and its tradition of accessibility and straightforwardness to deliver integrated and interdisciplinary solutions.
- The University is committed to sustainable development. Its activities are characterised by innovation, scholarly and artistic quality, and a high level of practical applicability.
Educates – researches – inspires