Mobility and data are the oil of the 21st century. The researchers in the Mobile & Smart Systems team support customers through the innovative research and development of mobile and intelligent systems for industry and business. They develop innovative methods, models and processes in order to help implement new technologies and business models in an increasingly data-driven and mobile society. Based on the latest developments in (Big) Data Analytics, Mobile Computing and Artificial Intelligence, they design intelligent applications, evaluate them and realize them as prototypes.
Their core competencies are as follows:
- Researching intelligent analysis methods, optimization methods and the integration of distributed and mobile technologies in Smart Systems such as the Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, Smart Grid, Smart City, Smart Home, Smart Mobility or telecommunications applications.
- Developing innovative mobile solutions with smart Smart Devices, the Internet of Things, Wearables and mobile web applications.
- Analysing and preparing large quantities of data (Big Data).
- Developing and implementing data-based business models (Predictive Analytics).
- Designing and developing models for data-driven decision support (Prescriptive Analytics).
- Managing and utilizing mobile information.
- Using artificial Artificial Intelligence for the implementation of self-learning systems to optimize business processes and leverage mobile system data and user data.
- Researching software architectures that integrate mobile devices, information, systems and applications and connect via mobile communication technologies.