The investigations are conducted in accordance with the guidelines specified by IEC 60193. The test rig is supplied with water by two Sulzer centrifugal pumps with a respective maximum power of 160kW. The infinitely variable speed adjustment of the supply pumps allows any operating point of the Pelton turbine to be reached.
The mechanical power is converted into electrical power by a DC generator and fed back into the internal grid through a power converter. The maximal power of the generator is 97kW. The turbine and generator are mounted on pendulum bearings, and sensors allow determination of the mechanical torque.
- Max generator power: 97kW
- Turbine rotational speed: 0-2000 rpm
- Max volume flow rate: 90 l/s (one pump), 180 l/s (two pumps)
- Max head: 120 m
- Turbine rotational speed: ≤±0.05%
- Turbine torque: ≤±0.15%
- Volume flow rate: ≤±0.15%
- Head: ≤±0.10%
- Water density: ≤±0.05%
- Measurement uncertainty of hydraulic efficiency: ±0.20-0.30%
- Repeatability of hydraulic efficienty: ≤±0.10%