Procedure and Admission Criteria
As the study permits for the MSc International Financial Management are limited, the programme management decides whether a candidate is admitted upon evaluation of their complete candidature, the admission interview and the compulsory fulfilment of the following criteria. Candidates must have:
- A bachelor’s or similar university degree in Business Administration or any related discipline awarding at least 180 ECTS issued by a University or a University of Applied Sciences
- At least 27 ECTS in the field of Financial Management, e.g. Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Control and Corporate Finance. In case of missing Finance Credits, admission can be granted if students earn their missing credits by the end of the first year
- A C1 English level of the Cambridge ESOL (IELTS 6.0 – 7.0) or any equivalent. Profound language skills including the ability to actively participate in an English-speaking curriculum on university level is a minimum
- An exceptionally high level of motivation and willingness to perform
- Successful completion of the admission interview. Interviews begin towards the end of January.
- Completion of our entry-level admissions test (sample questions for the entry level test)
The application must include at least the following documents:
- Completed Application Form
- CV with photo
- Motivational Letter - A self-portrait on a separate sheet of paper (A4, typewritten) including the following elements: Your personal characteristics, likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses as well as your reasons and motivations of your application into the MSc International Financial Management. More so, please include your expectations as to how you will benefit from the degree, your career objectives and professional goals.
- Diplomas, School Reports, References and Certificates with regard to your schooling and higher education (Degree, Degree Supplement, Transcript of Records or attestation of grades) as well as your vocational and professional training
- Employer References and confirmation regarding your professional and extra-curricular activities, experiences and work as well as regarding any other relevant qualification
- Appropriate proof of English language skills
- Attestation of international experience
- Copy of your bachelor thesis, including grade
- De-registration confirmation (or attestation of graduation preliminary to the start of the course)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of residence permit (foreign nationalities only – to be provided asap upon acceptance into the programme, School can from case to case offer assistance)
- Please be aware that if you have never studied at a Swiss University before, we will need the originals of your higher (secondary) education certificates. The documents should be handed in by the 15th of July at the latest. To streamline your admission, copies will be sufficient.
Furthermore, please note that candidates who are still working on their bachelor’s degree at the time of application can submit any missing document as soon as possible at a later date. In this case, the acceptance in the admission process will only be granted on a provisional basis.
Deadline, Destination and Admission Fee
The complete application documents must be submitted by 15 May to the following address:
Lucerne School of Business
Master's Degree Programmes Secretariat
Zentralstrasse 9, P.O. Box 2940
6002 Lucerne, Switzerland
T +41 41 228 41 30
F +41 41 228 41 31
It is recommended to hand in applications as early as possible since placements in the programme are limited and awarded in the order candidatures are received. An admission fee of CHF 515 will be invoiced upon acceptance of enrolment to the programme. In case of any subsequent withdraw, this amount is still due and / or will not be reimbursed.