Admission Procedure and Criteria
Please note that candidates who are still working on their bachelor’s degree at the time of application can submit any missing documents at a later date. In these cases, acceptance into the programme will be granted on a provisional basis.
Admission to the MSc International Financial Management is limited. The programme management decides upon admission of a candidate after evaluating her/his application and deciding whether the candidate fulfils the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s or similar university degree in Business Administration or any other related discipline of at least 180 ECTS, issued by a university or a university of applied sciences
- At least 27 ECTS in the field of Financial Management, e.g. Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Control or Corporate Finance. In case of missing ECTS credits in the area of financial management, students can earn up to 12 ECTS completing corresponding bridge classes by end of the first academic year. These classes are offered by the MSc programme.
- Certificate of C1 English level in the Cambridge ESOL (IELTS 6.0 – 7.0) or equivalent, and/or English mother tongue.
- Completion of the admission interview (in case of open questions of the Heads of the Programme).
The application must include the following documents:
- Completed application form
- CV with photo
- Letter of motivation: a self-portrait on a separate sheet of paper (A, typewritten) including the following elements: personal characteristics, likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, as well as reasons and motivations for applying to the MSc in International Financial Management. Furthermore, please include your expectations as to how you will benefit from the degree, your career objectives and your professional goals.
- Diplomas, certificates, school reports, and references with regard to your schooling and higher education (degree scrolls, degree supplements, transcript of records or attestations of grades) and to your vocational and professional training
- Copy of your bachelor's thesis, including its grade
- De-registration confirmation (or confirmation of graduation preliminary to the start of the course)
- Passport copy
- Copy of residence permit (foreign nationals only) to be provided a.s.a.p. upon acceptance into the programme - the Lucerne School of Business may be able to offer assistance.
Deadline and Admission Fee
The complete application documents must be submitted online by 16 January (start in mid-February) or 15 May (start in mid-September).
An admission fee of CHF 515 will be invoiced upon successful acceptance of enrolment into the programme. In case of any subsequent withdrawal, this amount is still due or will not be reimbursed.