What advantages does the SWITCH edu-ID offer me?
- One identity for all services in the Swiss university environment, irrespective of the organisation.
- The identity is valid for life.
- Users control the content and scope of their identity.
Why does the HSLU use the new SWITCH edu-ID?
The SWITCH edu-ID is based on the SWITCHaai infrastructure, which will be replaced at the HSLU in the next few years.
How do I register a SWITCH edu-ID?
Registering an account is a four-step process:
- Go to the registration page for the SWITCH edu-ID.
- Enter your first name, last name, private e-mail address and a password.
- Click on the confirmation link in the e-mail to activate your account.
Where can I already use the SWITCH edu-ID?
You can find up-to-date information on your user account (Account Onboarding) (including SWITCH edu-ID) on the registration status page of IT Services.
Wo kann ich die SWITCH edu-ID bereits verwenden?
The following services already use the SWITCH edu-ID for identification purposes:
- Online registration
- swisscovery library research portal
How do I carry out library searches via swisscovery/SLSP?
In addition to the SWITCH edu-ID, an SLSP registration must also be made in order to carry out library searches. A video tutorial on SLSP registration can be found here.
To access e-media, you also need a VPN connection.
Where can I find further information on swisscovery/SLSP?
Further information on swisscovery/SLSP can be found at https://blog.hslu.ch.