The Lucerne University Foundation awards scholarships to promote innovation and talent. The scholarships cover the study fees and accommodation costs (university student accommodation) for the duration of a master’s degree course.
Foreign students who...
- hold a recognised bachelor's degree.
- have been admitted to a master's programme by one of the Schools of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts and recommended as a candidate for the scholarship.
- have performed at a good level in their prior studies.
- lack the financial means to study at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
Along with his or her application for the master's degree programme with the study secretariat responsible, the candidate is required to submit a motivation letter (1-2 pages), a letter of recommendation, a CV, a financial self-declaration and a two-minute video. The video must contain answers to the following questions:
- What makes you want to study at our university?
- Do you have a vision and innovative career perspectives and what are they?
- What makes you an ideal recipient of an International Academic Scholarship?
Allocation of scholarships
The Scholarship Commission awards the scholarships after successful admission to the master's degree programme. There is no right of appeal. Only complete applications will be considered.
The International Academic Scholarship will not be advertised for the academic year 21/22.
Recourse to legal action
Recourse to the courts is excluded in respect of the awarding of scholarships.