- Mobility's state-of-the-art technology delivers a self-service car sharing system that is user-friendly, fully automatic and available around the clock.
- Reserving a vehicle is simplicity itself and can be done via the internet, using a smartphone, using an app or by calling Mobility's 24-hour Service Centre on 0848 824 812.
- The vehicles can be reserved in advance or at the last minute for all kinds of trips.
- Users pay a certain amount per hour and per kilometre.
- Car sharing pays off: using Mobility in combination with public transport can save a user between CHF 3000 and 5000 every year in comparison to the cost of running a private car.
- The price includes servicing, repairs, insurance, administration, the Swiss motorway toll charge, transport levies, winter tyre changes, parking space rental and VAT.
- Even the fuel is included.
Last but not least, the car sharing system is recognised as sustainable, since users have to think about every trip they make and book a reservation. The aspect of sustainability is intensified by Mobility's purchasing criteria, which are focused on safety and environmental performance. On average every active private customer helps reduce CO2 emissions by 290 kg a year. The savings in 2011, for example, amounted to 16,900 tonnes of CO2. The average consumption of the Mobility fleet reduced that year from 5.92 to 5.64 litres per 100 km; it is now 14.8% lower than the average consumption of new cars sold in Switzerland. This resulted in fuel savings of 536,000 litres. (Foto: Mobility Genossenschaft)