Education and continuing education
- 2020–2021: CAS in Creative Leadership and Transformation in the Digital Age at the Lucerne School of Business
- 2018: Certified Consultant in Strategic Communication exam course of the SAQ Swiss Association for Quality and PR Suisse
- 2008–2009: CAS in Corporate Communication at the Swiss Public Relations Institute (SPRI), Zurich
- 1991–1993: Federal diploma in business administration at the HMZ Commercial and Management School, Zug
- 1987–1991: Training as primary school teacher, St. Michael College of Teacher Education, Zug
- 1992–2021: Numerous work-study continuing education programmes, including in leadership, organisation, communication and marketing.
- Since 2020: Project Head, Marketing and Communication, and Deputy Leader of the Research and Development Team within the Marketing and Communication unit of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
- 2014–2020: Communication consultant and owner, Beckershoff GmbH for Communication, Ennetbaden
- 2013–2014: COO and member of the executive board, GCGroup AG, Zurich
- 2004–2013: Communication consultant and member of the extended executive board, Peter Bütikofer & Company GmbH, Zurich, Berlin and Dresden
- 1999–2004: Communication consultant and owner, Individea Visual Communication, Küsnacht
- 1998–1999: Head of Corporate Communication and member of the executive board, Trümpi & Partner AG, Binz
- 1994–1998: PR Assistant and Event Manager with Peter Bütikofer AG, Zürich
- 1993–1994: Journalist, editor and editor-in.chief with various publishing houses in the Canton of Zug
Recent academic work
- Fehlerkultur innerhalb agiler Strukturen (“Error management culture within agile structures”) (Flury, Schläpfer & Beckershoff, 2021) / https://beckershoff.ch/fehlerkultur/agile_leadership_challenge.pdf (in german)
- Hypothesis: “Agility does not require less, but more leadership; leadership that is based on shared values and consistently aligned with customer needs.” (Beckershoff, 2021) / https://beckershoff.ch/agility/these.pdf (in german)
- Phil’s philosophy is that progress can only be achieved by those willing to see past the familiar, those willing to change things for the better. Collaboration is key.
Role and availability
Phil Beckershoff holds a full-time position and primarily collaborates with the Schools of Engineering and Architecture and Computer Science and Information Technology in the area of mandated activity of Research and Development. He fulfils his role from the School’s three campuses in the Lucerne and Zug area, but also works remotely. It is therefore advisable to plan appointments with Phil early on so he can align his schedule accordingly.