Thomas Boillat holds a Ph.D. in Information Systems from the University of Lausanne, Faculty of Business and Economics (HEC). His research interests focus on the design of applications that seek to enhance efficiency of medical routines. In his research, Dr. Boillat relies on organizational theories to discover and analyse individual patterns of activities that he uses as input for the design of interfaces.
In his last research projects, Dr. Boillat designed and evaluated a smart glass application used by surgeons to increase patients’ safety. In cooperation with surgeons, he evaluated his prototypes under realistic environments in operating theaters.
- 2012-2017: Ph.D. in Information Systems, University of Lausanne
- 2009-2011: MSc in Information Systems, Universities of Lausanne and Neuchatel
- 2007-2009: BSc in Information Technology, University of Applied Science and Art, Neuchatel
- 2017: Research associate, medignition
- 2016: Visiting scholar, Stanford University
- 2012-2016: Research and teaching assistant, University of Lausanne
- 2011: Junior project manager, swissnex Boston
- 2007-2010: Web and mobile developer, bmedia
- 2003-2005: Technical consultant, Nestlé, Nespresso, Pictet
Stanford Emergent Innovative Global Health Technology Lab (EIGHT)