The meeting «Performing, Engaging, Knowing» aims to bring together ethnomusicological and artistic practices to uncover convergences and conflicts between different forms of sonic, musical, and social knowing. We hope this will offer mutual inspiration for researchers, ethnomusicologists, and artists, and that it will open doors to new kinds of interactions, new methodologies, and new forms of interventions.
- Performing ethnomusicological and/or artistic interventions for social and political change
- Collaborative and diversity-sensitive production, performance, and dissemination of auditory and sound knowledge (involving social collectives and/or ethnomusicologists and/or artists)
- Non-verbal forms of knowledge (tacit, procedural, embodied, sensual, emotional) in applied ethnomusicology and artistic research
- Ethnomusicologically informed artistic research methods / artistically informed ethnomusicological research methods
- Other topics arising from new applied, practice-based, and action research in music
Due to the current situation, the meeting will be held as an online conference. The overview of the contributions and further information are available to download below.