Our research team brings together advanced power systems knowledge and data science expertise, creating new opportunities for innovation in the electricity sector.
We are experts in applied research projects in the power systems domain. We have significant experience in securing funding for start-ups through Innosuisse, accessing national funds for collaborative projects in the energy sector, and in international calls. We combine our power systems research expertise with extensive experience in business development, supporting commercial exploitation of our research through collaboration with our industry partners.
Through our lab facilities and the CELL living lab, we also have access to leading resources for prototyping new approaches and for product development.
Power systems expertise
Our power systems expertise includes:
• Local energy market design, modelling and grid impact analysis
• Grid optimisation, power system analysis, power flow analysis, stability analysis
• Power grid simulations for systems with high DER
• Integration of renewable energy and distributed energy resources in active distribution networks
Data analysis expertise
Our data analysis expertise includes:
• Model development (artificial intelligence and machine learning)
• Federated learning and distributed ML
• Embedded analytics and edge applications
Applied research building blocks
We bring together market simulations, data models, test hardware and physical installations for our research. Our facilities include:
2. Smart meter infrastructure
3. PV array with sensors
4. EV charging stations
5. Model libraries for transmission and distribution systems
6. Data resources for advanced analytics