We ask questions, engage stakeholders, experiment, prototype solutions. How might we…
- rethink the role of services in organizations and society?
- develop services that are meaningful, usable, useful and desirable?
- lead design processes that invite, engage, and enable people across disciplines and professions?
- support strategic planners, policy makers and public managers?
- foster trust and confidence in organizations and institutions?
- facilitate changes to organizational cultures?
- develop new business models suitable for sustainable services?
- embrace and critically engage with new digital and AI technologies?"
Our lecturers support students in the following areas:
- Human Behavior & Human Experience
- Design in the Organization (Business & Government)
- Human Values & Organizational Design Principles
- Design Research for Social Innovation & Social Change
- Strategic Design and Innovation
- Business Modeling, Co-Design and Co-Value Creation
- Public and Commercial Services (digital & analogue)
- Service Design Theory
The MA programmes in Design, Digital Ideation, Eco-Social Design and Service Design are taught in English.
Fields of activity
Switzerland is a world leader in services. Service Design graduates can identify and realize new service opportunities in government, industry, civil society, and business. They can facilitate and lead the complex development of innovative services that enhance human living and achieve sustainable development goals. Engaging mostly with non-designers from many different fields, they are skilled in interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary ways of working that emphasize co-design and co-creation.
The application deadline is every March. If you are interested in attending the Master of Arts in Eco-Social Design programme, contact us any time: we will be happy to review your application. In select cases, admission is possible after the application deadline.