The MSc IFM is an internationally aligned and practical academic management programme. The systematic combination of academic methods and applied know-how provides MSc IFM graduates with the proficiency to handle complex situations and to reach their own well-considered judgments. More specifically, MSc IFM graduates gain the ability to:
- Support, design, audit, and manage all finance and controlling related systems, while cooperating with suppliers, partners, workforce, peers, executives and customers globally.
- Productively handle an organisation’s complexity in a dynamic environment, using insufficient or uncertain information.
- Manage all other systems, processes, and transactions because of the capacity to handle complex and diverse affairs
- Develop context-specific solutions based on academically rigorous and practically approved methods.
Throughout their careers, MSc IFM graduates have excellent options for professional development and promotion. Key professional roles are open to them, either in managerial or specialised positions, in virtually any organisation outside the financial services industry.
Examples of graduates’ target professional areas:
- Swiss Public Certified Accountant/Auditor in an international environment (CPA)
- Financial Manager/Controller in internationally involved companies in Switzerland or abroad, in (regional) headquarters of internationally operating and oriented companies or even in SMEs with international focus.
The student testimonials below give you an impression of what students think about the programme.
«Other than the programme’s internationality and professional orientation, the most important aspect supporting my decision to enrol the IFM programme was the high flexibility in the studies planning.»
– Nicola Lorch (Germany)
«After the Introduction Day at Institute of Financial Services Zug IFZ and the first lectures I have already developed a large network of friends and colleagues from all over the world.»
– Solomon Ofosu Appea (Ghana)
«One of the most valuable contributions of this programme is definitely the international exposure.»
– Clara Sandoval (Guatemala)
«The key reason why I chose the IFM was mostly the high extend of flexibility given by the programme. In contrast to other masters the IFM provides different time models and, most importantly, enables to tailor-make the semester schedule to your personal needs.»
– Claudia Jetschgo (Austria)
«The University has a strong focus on applied sciences and this was one of the main points that attracted me to study there. For example the Corporate Finance classes have given me knowledge which I currently use almost on a daily base.»
– Ana-Maria Wall (Romania)