Applicants must have a strong interest in data technologies, a pronounced affinity for analytical problems and an above-average commitment to their work. In addition, they must meet the following prerequisites:
• Bachelor’s Degree (180 ECTS credits)
• Reasonable results aptitude test results
• Positive results on personal interview (in German or English)
• Proof of sufficient command of English (C1 level under the European Framework of Reference for Languages; B2-level applicants are admitted conditionally)
Applicants will have an interview conducted in person or online to help determine if the programme is suitable for them.
Credit for prior knowledge
Students can request to have their prior knowledge or coursework credited toward the current programme. There are three possibilities:
• Recognition of coursework (only credited toward required modules). The coursework has to be comparable to the modules of the Master’s programme in terms of content and level.
• Recognition of study-relevant professional experience (0-12 ECTS credited toward general core electives). We only consider relevant professional experience gained in the fields of data analytics and data engineering.
• Recognition of job-related specialist knowledge (only credited toward required modules). This award of credit is handled very restrictively.
Accreditation applications are considered after registration for the Master’s programme. They can also be submitted after the start of the programme.
Preparation for studies
By registering for the course, students gain access to a specialised online learning platform for data scientists (www.datacamp.com). They will attend some introductory courses in preparation for their studies, e.g. on the Python programming language or on using the R software. This is especially useful for those with little or no knowledge of programming.
To register you must complete and submit the official online registration form and include all the required documents. We will then contact you about the
• Aptitude test
• English language test
• Personal interview (in German or English)
• Registration Fee