Applicants must have a strong interest in data technologies, a pronounced affinity for analytical problems and an above-average commitment to their work. In addition, they must meet the following prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s Degree (180 ECTS credits)
- Convincing aptitude test results
- Proof of sufficient command of English (C1 level under the European Framework of Reference for Languages; B2-level applicants are admitted conditionally)
If required, a personal interview will be conducted.
Credit for prior knowledge
Students can request to have their prior knowledge or coursework credited toward the current programme. There are two possibilities.
1. Coursework from specialised Bachelor's programmes can be credited upon application toward the required modules.
2. Recognition of study-relevant professional experience (0-12 ECTS credited toward general core electives):
- We only consider relevant professional experience gained in the fields of data analytics and data engineering.
Preparation for studies
By registering for the course, students gain access to a specialised online learning platform for data scientists (www.datacamp.com). They will attend some introductory courses in preparation for their studies, e.g. on the Python programming language or on using the R software. This is especially useful for those with little or no knowledge of programming.
To register you must complete and submit the official online registration form and include all the required documents. We will then contact you about the
- Aptitude test
- English language test
- If required: personal interview (in German or English)