Applicants must have a strong interest in data technologies, a pronounced affinity for analytical problems and an above-average commitment to their work. In addition, they must meet the following prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s Degree (180 ECTS credits)
- Convincing aptitude test results
- Proof of sufficient command of English (C1 level under the European Framework of Reference for Languages; B2-level applicants are admitted conditionally)
If required, a personal interview will be conducted.
Credit for prior knowledge
Students can request to have their prior knowledge or coursework credited toward the current programme. There are two possibilities.
1. Coursework from specialised Bachelor's programmes can be credited upon application toward the required modules.
2. Recognition of study-relevant professional experience (0-12 ECTS credited toward general core electives):
- We only consider relevant professional experience gained in the fields of data analytics and data engineering.
Preparation for studies
Students will complete introductory courses in R and Python to prepare for their studies. This is especially useful for students with little or no programming knowledge. Students receive the corresponding course material and instructions after admission to the degree program.
To register you must complete and submit the official online registration form and include all the required documents. We will then contact you about the
- Aptitude test
- English language test
- If required: personal interview (in German or English)
Kevin Kuhn, Experience Scientist
«If you still think that data is merely a nice add-on for your operations, you’re missing out on opportunities for innovating, developing your company, making progress and gaining new knowledge. As a young entrepreneur, I had the chance to start my own business after getting my Master’s degree at Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, and I’m now able to show others how to use data to develop their business model.»