SAS – a global analytics software provider
Founded 1976, SAS is a worldwide leader in business analytics software and services and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 locations to improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. SAS clients include 92 of the top 100 Fortune Global 1,000 list (2019) and many leading local companies, such as Novartis, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Syngenta, UBS, ZKB, PostFinance, Post, Viseca Card Services SA, AXA, Die Mobiliar, Basler Insurance, Suva, Zurich Insurance, Nestlé SA, Migros, Coop, ABB, and others.
Why should I choose a SAS Specialization?
To gain the joint certificate, students enrolled in our master’s programme must meet the following conditions:
All three SAS courses (including the technical certification) are free of charge for our students.
The three SAS courses mentioned above are an integral part of the Master's program. For each successfully completed course and certification, students will have 3 ECTS credits applied towards the general core electives. Students can gain a maximum of 6 ECTS credits in this way.
Students can enroll in the three SAS courses separately. They can join the SAS courses and gain ECTS credits for successfully completing them also without aiming for the joint certificate.
Registration and admission
- Create a SAS Profile or log in at www.sas.com if you have one already.
- Enroll in the SAS Certified Young Professionals SCYP Program via “Sign up & Get Started” with your xxx.xxx.@stud.hslu.ch email address (verification can take up to 3 days).
- You will get an email from SAS Nordics with instructions in how to access the SAS learning portal. With that email you will also get the activation code that you need to submit on the learning portal to get the e-learnings and certification preparation material free of charge.
- Choose your specialization on the SCYP Dashboard (SAS learning portal).
- Enter the activation code to get access to “SAS Viya for Learners”, e-learnings and certification preparation materials. You can work from wherever you want and whenever you want for the next 6 months.
Instruction video: Grégoire De Lassance explains how to use SCYP and SAS Viya for Learners etc.
Support: If you should have any issues with the environment, do not hesitate to contact the SCYP team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you are ready to take the certification exam, get in contact with Markus Grau in order to get a Voucher Code for the exam.
- Register for the online certification – use your Voucher Access code. The process is straight forward and explained in the SCYP Dashboard (Home based exam).
- After successfully passing the exam, you can contact Martina Gander to get the ECTS credits applied towards the general core electives.
- If you have generic questions about this SAS Specialization or SAS Joint Certification, please contact Markus Grau (Markus.Grau@sas.com).