SAS – a global analytics software provider
Founded 1976, SAS is a worldwide leader in business analytics software and services and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 83,000 locations to improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. SAS clients include 91 of the top 100 Fortune Global 1,000 list (2020) and many leading local companies, such as Novartis, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Syngenta, UBS, ZKB, PostFinance, Post, Viseca Card Services SA, AXA, Die Mobiliar, Basler Insurance, SUVA, Zurich Insurance, Nestlé SA, Migros, Coop, ABB, and others.
Why should I choose a SAS Specialization?
How it works
The SAS specialization consists of 150 hours of SAS learning material and
- a live online SAS Students School (3 days) on topics such as Analytics Trends, Analytics lLfecylce, SAS Viya environment, turning data into value, usecases)
- a choice of 2 different elearning pathways
- 2 online certifications that you need to pass
It results in a dedicated, jointly signed certificate and badge (HSLU and SAS). It gets you the SAS skills, the ECTS credits, and an excellent boost in career chances!
Choose your pathway (1 or 2) depending on your interest.
1)SAS Student school (3 days web-based live course)
2) SAS Students school (3 days web-based live course)
For the successfully completed pathway and passed certifications, students will get 6 ECTS credits applied towards the general core electives as well as the joint certificate and badge. The SAS certifications are free of charge for our students.
Registration and admission
- Let Markus Grau know that you want to participate: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can start the courses anytime.
- It is of advantage to start with the live online student school.
Register here (with your xxx.xxx.@stud.hslu.ch email address):
Analytics School Series 2023 | SAS
Important: The 3. part of the SAS Analytics School is a usecase session. It takes place in two 2 hour sessions: first session (usually the morning after the Analytics School takes place) an Intro to the usecase will be held; in the second session (around a week later) the results will be discussed and shown.
- Enroll in the SAS Skillbuilder for Students Program via “Access SAS Skillbuilder for students” with your xxx.xxx.@stud.hslu.ch email address (verification can take some time).
- You will then receive an email from SAS Academics with instructions on how to access the SAS Learning Portal.
- Accept the license agreement terms (Green button “Submit”).
- When you enter the learning environment / SAS Skillbuilder, “Get tips” gives you additional info on the platform.
- Support: If you should have any issues with the environment, do not hesitate to contact the SAS Academics team (email@example.com).
- If you are ready to take the certification exam and got the green badge, get in contact with Markus Grau in order to get a Voucher Code for the exam.
- Please find additional information on Exam Prepearation and Certification on ILIAS.
- Register for the online certification – use your Voucher Access code. The process is straight forward and explained in the SAS Skillbuilder Portal (Home based exam).
- After successfully passing the exam, you can contact Martina Gander to get the ECTS credits applied towards the general core electives. Please also contact Markus Grau to claim the SAS Specialization badge.
- If you have generic questions about this SAS Specialization or SAS Joint Certification, please contact Markus Grau (firstname.lastname@example.org).