Focusing on the most established statistical business forecasting methods, the course will provide understanding and skills how forecasting can best be organised and used in a company.
The course will cover the following topics, supported by hands-on exercises where appropriate:
- What is the challenge with forecasting?
- The forecasting process
- Time series analysis
- Forecasting level time series
- Fundamental ideas & methods
- Exponential smoothing
- Forecasting trend and seasonal time series
- Trend methods and smoothing
- Seasonal methods and smoothing
- The exponential smoothing family of methods
- Forecast evaluation
- Forecasting software
- What’s next? State-of-the-art and best practice
The course is delivered by the Lancaster Centre for Forecasting (UK), a leading research unit in Europe for business forecasting - www.forecasting-centre.com