Definitive dates and times are subject to change and will be published on this page at the appropriate time. For questions and further information, please contact the Programme Management.
- Education of 17 years or more, either Master's degree in Design or Bachelor's degree in Design with three years of professional Design experience
- Language skills: Advanced English skills (C1/C2) according to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Candidates must show a demonstrable interest in a research area that aligns with the thematic research foci at the NID and HSLU
Candidates are required to submit a research proposal in English, including the following contents:
- Summary of the research plan (½ page, 1,500 characters including spaces max.). A summary including the project’s background and rationale, overall objectives and aims, the methods to be used, as well as a description of the expected results and their potential impact.
- Research plan (8 pages and 30,000 characters including spaces max.), consisting of: current state of research in the field. Current state of the candidate’s own research. Research objective, question, methods. Relevance and expected impact of the project. Schedule.
- CV (2 pages max.). Including personal information, education and employment history, scientific achievements (if applicable).
The selected candidates are invited to a personal online interview where they present their dissertation project to the selection committee. The goal of the interview is to learn more about the research topic and the candidate's academic and professional career, as well as to clarify questions. The process and members of the selection committee will be communicated in advance at the appropriate time.
Online Info Meetup
Every February/March, a public info meetup on the programme is held online, where questions can be clarified and there is an opportunity to meet other interested candidates as well as the programme management and the members of the two universities. The date and time will be communicated on this page at the appropriate time.