Admission to the Master degree course requires:
- A Bachelor degree or an equivalent academic qualification in a design field, or in a field that is directly related to design.
- In justifiable exceptional cases, a portfolio submitted as evidence of an excellent track record in design or artistic practice of several years’ duration may be accepted as an equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma
- Practical work experience (preferable)
- A project concept or inquiry as the basis for the Master’s project. This must comprise an outline of the procedure and methods appropriate to realisation of the project; and an example drawn from a field relevant to the project must be described as an illustrated step-by-step process (“customer journey”)
- Curiosity as well as a commitment to take responsibility, as a designer, for helping shape society, technology and the economy
- Successful completion of an aptitude test as part of the admission procedure
- Sufficient fluency in written and spoken German and English, the languages in which the degree course is taught.
Registrations can be submitted from December using the online registration form: onlineanmeldung.hslu.ch
The following documents must be enclosed with the registration form:
- Passport photo (digital as JPG, not larger than 1 MB; minimum width: 150px, minimum height: 200px)
- Copies of diplomas, school reports, or certificates of training and further education
- Copies of references from previous employers; evidence of previous employment
- Confirmation of ex-matriculation, if you have previously studied at a Swiss university
- Foreign applicants must also submit a copy of their passport and (if available) a copy of their Swiss residence permit.
Applicants for a Master Design must submit an additional dossier:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Documentation of previous design or artistic work (portfolio)
- A Statement of Educational Objectives: in a document 1 to 3 pages in length, you must describe your personal goals in choosing to study Services Design, your professional goals after completing your Master’s degree, and your approach to a practice-oriented Master’s project.
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts