Admission to the Master degree course requires:
- A Bachelor degree or an equivalent academic qualification in a design field, or in a field that is directly related to design.
- In justifiable exceptional cases, a portfolio submitted as evidence of an excellent track record in design or artistic practice of several years’ duration may be accepted as an equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma
- Practical work experience (preferable)
- A project concept or inquiry as the basis for the Master’s project. This must comprise an outline of the procedure and methods appropriate to realisation of the project; and an example drawn from a field relevant to the project must be described as an illustrated step-by-step process (“customer journey”)
- Curiosity as well as a commitment to take responsibility, as a designer, for helping shape society, technology and the economy
- Successful completion of an aptitude test as part of the admission procedure
- Sufficient fluency in written and spoken German and English, the languages in which the degree course is taught.
Registrations can be submitted from December 1, 2019 using the online registration form: onlineanmeldung.hslu.ch
The following documents must be enclosed with the registration form:
- Passport photo (digital as JPG, not larger than 1 MB; minimum width: 150px, minimum height: 200px)
- Copies of diplomas, school reports, or certificates of training and further education
- Copies of references from previous employers; evidence of previous employment
- Confirmation of ex-matriculation, if you have previously studied at a Swiss university
- Foreign applicants must also submit a copy of their passport and (if available) a copy of their Swiss residence permit.
Applicants for a Master Design must submit an additional dossier:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Documentation of previous design or artistic work (portfolio)
- A Statement of Educational Objectives: in a document 1 to 3 pages in length, you must describe your personal goals in choosing to study Services Design, your professional goals after completing your Master’s degree, and your approach to a practice-oriented Master’s project.
March 6, 2020
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts