Admission to the Master degree course requires:
- A Bachelor degree or an equivalent academic qualification in the fields of Design and IT (computer sciences)
- Evidence of completion of courses in the fields of Design, IT, and Human Computer Interaction (e.g. modules from the Major HCID on the BSc IT degree course at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts; or of bridging courses relevant to the Master Digital Ideation)
- In justifiable exceptional cases, a portfolio submitted as evidence of an excellent track record in design or artistic practice of several years’ duration may be accepted as an equivalent to a Bachelor degree or a diploma
- Practical work experience (preferable)
- A project concept or inquiry as the basis for the Master’s project
Registrations can be submitted from December using the online registration form.
The following documents must be enclosed with the registration form:
- Passport photo (digital as JPG, not larger than 1 MB; minimum width: 150px, minimum height: 200px)
- Copies of diplomas, school reports, or certificates of training and further education
- Copies of references from previous employers; evidence of previous employment
- Confirmation of ex-matriculation, if you have previously studied at a Swiss university
- Foreign applicants must also submit a copy of their passport and (if available) a copy of their Swiss residence permit.
Applicants for a Master Design must submit an additional dossier:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Documentation of previous design or artistic work (portfolio)
- A Statement of Educational Objectives: in a document 1 to 3 pages in length, you must describe your personal goals in choosing to study Services Design, your professional goals after completing your Master’s degree, and your approach to a practice-oriented Master’s project.
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts