For the application you will need the following documents:
- Digital passport photo as .JPG file (no bigger than 1 MB, at least 150px wide and 200 px high)
- Swiss social security number, if available
- Place of residence
- Matriculation number from previous institute of higher education in Switzerland, if available
- Copies of diplomas, certificates, or references from previous education and training
- Copies of work references or validations
- If you have previously studied at a Swiss institute of higher education: confirmation of exmatriculation
- For applicants from abroad: copy of passport, copy of Swiss residence permit,
- Letter of motivation (possible guiding questions: what issues have I dealt with? Why? What are my strengths? In what areas do I want to extend and deepen my knowledge? Why am I applying for a master’s programme? What do I want to learn here? (total length 1-2 A4-size pages)
- Documentation of previous creative work (portfolio)
- If you already have a concrete idea for a project: a written sketch of the project
Requirements for Admission
The prerequisite for admission to the master’s programme is as a rule a bachelor’s degree or diploma in a design-related field. Admission by dossier is possible for applicants with equivalent qualifications or professional experience. Details of admission requirements are available in the academic regulations.
The admission procedure involves submission of a work portfolio and an admission interview. The actual details of the procedure may differ between specialities.
Students with a bachelor’s degree from the Lucerne School of Art and Design profit from a simplified admission procedure in transferring to the master’s programme: they need not submit a portfolio or pay an admission fee.
Fees: A fee of CHF 125 will be charged for the admission procedure. Enrolment fees are currently CHF 390. Invoices for both sets of fees will be sent out after documents have been submitted. Graduates of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts who enrol in the master’s programme directly after completing their bachelor’s programme are excused from paying both the application fee and the enrolment fees of CHF 390.
Study fees are currently CHF 803.