The following are prerequisites for admission to the Master’s Programme:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent university or tertiary-level degree in a design-relevant subject or a subject directly related to design.
- In exceptional, substantiated cases, proof of evidently excellent, artistically creative activity extending over several years that – within the framework of a documented, successfully completed process – is adjudged to be equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or diploma (sur dossier admission).
- Practical experience (desired).
- An original project idea or issue as a basis for the master project.
- Curiosity and commitment to take on responsibility as a designer in actively shaping society, technology, and the economy.
- Passing an aptitude evaluation within the framework of the admission process.
Duration and Timetable
3 semesters full-time = standard period of study
(Part-time study possible after consultation with the head of degree programme)
Language of instruction
Prerequisite: you are able to function in one of the languages of instruction: German/English (passively understand and actively make yourself understood)
Information about scholarships
CHF 803 per semester
Master of Arts in Design, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
You can apply online from December 2019.
The following documents should accompany the application form:
- Digital (jpeg) passport photo, no bigger than 1 MB (width at least 150px, height at least 200px), or printed photo attached to the print-out
- Copies of diplomas, testimonials or certificates documenting training and further education
- Copies of work testimonials or evidence of employment
- If you have previously studied at a Swiss university: proof of exmatriculation
- Applicants from abroad: copy of passport, copy of Swiss residence permit (if available)
For an application for a Masters in Design an additional dossier must be submitted:
- Documentation of previous creative work (portfolio)
- Statement of Educational Objectives: in a 1- to 3-page document, describe your personal learning goals, your professional goals after the degree programme, and your strategy for a praxis-oriented master project.
Documents and portfolio may be sent by post or email, or handed in in person. Please note the opening hours of our front offices on the Viscosi City campus: 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4:30 p.m.
6 March 2020
Hochschule Luzern Design & Kunst