Network analysis and network security
In accordance with the Legal foundations for the ICT area of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts and the Benutzungsordnung ICT der PHLU respectively, the network traffic of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, the University of Teacher Education Lucerne and the BKZ-GS is being analysed for maintenance purposes and for information security reasons. These measures help ensure the early detection of and defence against viruses, trojans and other types of malware. Furthermore, it allows for the display of an alert message if users access websites with objectionable content and also for the blocking of websites with illegal content.
Recommendation for the secure use of a computer
- Use antivirus software and make sure its virus signatures are always up-to-date. 1)
- In addition, execute every security update for your installed applications and operating systems made available by the hardware and software providers. 1)
- Avoid websites with objectionable or illegal content. Such websites are often infected and merely visiting them puts your computer at risk (drive-by infection).
- Never open any files with unknown content and never install any software from non-trustworthy sources.
- Use secure passwords and do not disclose them under any circumstances if you are prompted to do so via email, on a website, via phone or through another channel. Use different passwords for sensitive and less critical applications.
- Be careful with your personal data. All information published about you on social media is public and can be further disseminated. Never disclose personal data (name, address, phone numbers, email addresses) carelessly. Never leave your email address on websites you do not trust.
1) Please note: In the case of managed, institutional devices, the update of security components is executed automatically through the central management systems.
Visit the following links for further information about information security.