This workshop teaches you how to apply design thinking principles to your life. Using the same hands-on methodology that has revolutionized how companies such as Apple and Google do business, this workshop gives you the tools to deliberately and creatively shape your personal and professional future. It empowers you to identify and articulate your strengths and interests, create individualized career opportunities, and come up with a plan of action that is uniquely tailored to your needs, talents and passions. You will develop clarity and focus about what matters to you. You will discover new ways of thinking about your personal and professional life that will energize you and move you forward. In addition, you will learn a dynamic and innovative method for overcoming future personal and professional obstacles.
- At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Critically analyze the thought patterns and assumptions that underlie your actions
- Identify your unique professional and personal assets
- Clarify and articulate your authentic interests and values
- Prototype and test innovative career options
- Develop a concrete goal for your mid-term career as well as draw a realistic road-map to get you there
- Apply the design-thinking method to creatively problem-solve in your personal and professional life
This workshop is for professionals in all stages of their careers – from those just starting off to those contemplating their «encore careers» to those wanting to deliberately design their retirement. If you've ever asked yourself these questions, then this workshop is for you:
- «My life is OK, but I often wonder if it could be better.»
- «I am at a juncture in my career and need some help figuring out my next step.»
- «I can't decide if I want to run a start-up, or continue as an employee.»
- «I'm not happy with my current situation, but I don't know how to start making a change.»
This workshop is a joint venture of Lucerne Universities of Applied Sciences and Arts Smart-up & Careers Service and will be held in english/german.
Target group / Fees
- Students CHF 50.-
- Alumni (club members) and staff CHF 100.-
- Others CHF 150.-
Students, who are mentioned on the Dean's List of Lucerne School of Engineering and Architecture are required to contact Claudia Coletti, E-Mail: email@example.com.
Note: the registered participants will receive an invoice. A cancellation «free of charge» is possible until xxxx. In case of a cancellation after the mentioned date, the participation fee will still be charged.
Dr. Djahane Banoo, as the founder of Align Coaching and Consulting, helps young, creative entrepreneurs to consciously shape their work processes and increase their productivity. Her coaching methods are build on approaches from design thinking, positive psychology and developmental sociology. More about her coaching practice at: www.align-coaching.com.
Dr. Banoo is a scientist and a trained coach. She acquired her Master and PhD degree in Developmental Sociology at the Cornell University. She trained at Mentor Coach, a program accredited by the International Coaching Federation. She has conducted researches, with support of the Swiss National Science Foundation, the US National Science Foundation and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), on development and the environment.