The planned training pursues an innovative learning approach by presenting and applying the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) criteria for both destinations and companies (hotel and tour operators) in a life-case scenario in cooperation with Schwyz Tourism. The participants gain new theoretical impulses and insights and can apply them to specific circumstances in the destination. The course is based on a high degree of interaction among the participants and with the stakeholders and decision-makers of the destination.
Participants will have the opportunity to develop concrete sustainability measures within the framework of the life-case, which take into account the circumstances of the partner destination and could subsequently be implemented.
This 2.5-day course will be held in English and is aimed at professionals in the travel and tourism industry, including representatives of tourism destinations, entrepreneurs and other organizations/institutions interested in sustainability and concrete implementation of sustainability measures.
The special feature of the training is the close cooperation with the partner destination Schwyz Tourismus. The participants gain deeper insights into the challenges as well as success factors in the implementation of sustainability measures, taking into account the GSTC criteria and standards.
The course covers tourism as a tool for sustainable development, best practice examples of sustainability and the GSTC criteria, the world's leading standard for tourism sustainability, as well as key issues such as global trends in sustainable tourism, sustainability marketing and the development and management of tourism products. The Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) provides hands-on insight and effective ways to enhance sustainability in tourism destinations and businesses.
- Knowledge and expertise representing the GSTC as the global authority on quality sustainable tourism standards.
- Stimulating and rewarding learning experience, being part of an interactive training with fellow participants representing a variety of public, private, academic and non-profit entities.
- Practical insights on promoting sustainable and responsible travel experiences in a real destination through case studies and best practice examples.
- Learn to prioritize and make informed decisions about how to implement sustainability practices in companies and destinations.
- Learn about the role of accreditation and certification to advance and establish sustainability across the tourism industry.
How will the training benefit your work? Why should you take part in the training?
- First training course in Switzerland.
- Exchange with like-minded people about sustainability.
- Discuss how you can incorporate sustainability (even more) into your day-to-day. Be a pioneer and best practice yourself. Especially in the context of intensive "climate discussions" from the schools, we should let deeds follow.
- You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the GSTC Criteria, the baseline standard for sustainability in travel and tourism.
- You will be able to make informed decisions on how to implement sustainability practices for your company or destination.
- You will be able to build and establish viable and actionable sustainable tourism policies and practices for your organization.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the official GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Pro-gram (STTP) Exam, and upon successful completion, receive a Certificate in Sustainable Tourism by the GSTC to demonstrate your knowledge of sustainable tourism standards and practices.
The intensive and interactive training is a valuable training opportunity for professionals in the fields of tourism, hospitality, destination management and marketing as well as sustainability.
Early registration fee CHF 450.-
GSTC member training seminar registration fee CHF 520.-
Training seminar registration fee CHF 590-
The registration fee includes the following services:
- Training materials
- Attendance certificate, which confirms the participation in the training seminar
- The possibility to take the official GSTC STTP exam (the exam fee is not included in the training registration fee) (see additional options)
Additional Option: Exam and Certificate = $75 (this fee will be collected after the class upon registration for the exam. You will receive a GSTC Certificate in Sustainable Tourism that will printed and mailed to you if you successfully complete the exam).
Accommodation Prices Hotel Allegro
Single room (2 nights, 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 coffee breaks) CHF 385
Double room (2 nights, 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 5 coffee breaks) CHF 345
Hotel Allegro has 17 single rooms and 26 double rooms. Dinner is excluded. Can be booked for 28 CHF by participants in the hotel.
The registration fee does not include the travel costs to / from Einsiedeln. For people arriving on a daily basis or not staying at Hotel Allegro, a seminar fee of CHF 200 will be added.
Group registration options
If you register online, you can register several people for the training seminar at the same time. For groups of 2 people or more, you will receive a 10% discount on the registration fee for each participant in the group. You can specify the number of people you wish to register and the contact information for each participant on the form. If you want to register 5 or more people, please contact us (email@example.com) for further information.
If a registered participant can not participate in the training program and the training organizers have been informed via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), the following repayment rules apply (applies only to the net amount, payment fees will not be refunded): If the registration is canceled up to 30 days before the beginning of the training (20.01.2020) the entire registration fee will be refunded; If the registration is canceled up to 15 days before the beginning of the training (03.02.2020), 50% of the registration fee will be refunded; If the registration is canceled after 03.02.2020, the registration fee can not be refunded.