Prof. Dr. Antonio Baldassarre
Hochschule Luzern - Musik
Tel: 041 249 26 31
Leiter Forschung & Entwicklung
BiografieAntonio Baldassarre holds a PhD from the University of Zurich and was Research Fellow at the Research Center for Music Iconography (The Graduate Center of The City University of New York) and Director of the youth music school "Pfannenstil". His professional teaching positions have included Lecturer and Guest Professor for musicology, ethnomusicology and music theory at the universities of Basel and Zurich, the Department of Musicology, Faculty of Music, University of Arts in Belgrade, the Escuela Nacional de Música of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México and the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna. Since 2011 he has been Director of Research and Development of Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Department of Music.
Main research topics
- History of music and of music culture from the late 18th century to the present.
- Performance Studies.
- Music iconography.
- Historiography of music.
- President, Association Répertoire International d'Iconographie Musicale (RIdIM)
- President, Willy Burkhard-Gesellschaft
- Directorium member, International Musicological Society (IMS)
- Council member, Zurich chapter, Swiss Musicological Society
- Council member, Basler Madrigalisten
- Member, steering committee, Study Group "Music and Cultural Studies"
- Member, advisory board, "Music and Society in the 21st Century", Barry S. Brook Center for Music, The Graduate Center of The City University of New York
- Member, editorial board, "Music in Art - International Journal for Music Iconography"
- Member, editorial board, "TheMA - Open Access Research Journal for Theatre, Music, Arts"
Biografie auf deutsch